After much wait, the Suriya’s film TSK has finally hits the screens today on this Pongal 2018. As expected, the movie is getting a good response from the Overseas audience all over the world. The movie is a heist thriller, Directed by Vignesh Shivan fame of Naanum Rowdydhaan and produced by Surya’s cousin Gnanavel Raja under the banner, Studio Green.
Thaanaa Serndha Koottam (TSK) is based on Bollywood film Neeraj Pandey’s ‘Special 26’, which features Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, and Manoj Bajpayee. The story is inspired by a real-life incident in 1987 when a group posing as CBI raided a jewelry showroom in Mumbai and stole around 35 lakhs.
TSK recounts the story of a gang posing as CBI officers that conduct raids on corrupt politicians and businessmen while looting black money. What happens in their last assignment, which involves 26 young and dynamic.
- It’s apleasure to see Suriya, playing yet another ‘sincere’ character that has lighter, fun shades too.
- Anirudh’s songs are already a hit and they seamlessly move the narrative forward. Each one is a solitaire diamond and not once does a song protrude unnecessarily.
- Dinesh Krishnan’s colourful visuals and Sreekar Prasad’s skillful cuts count among TSK’s numerous pluses.
- Art director Kiran deserves a special mention for giving enough detailing, however the glossy outlook doesn’t give you a period film feel.
- The pre-interval portion was too good, the emotions were well conveyed.
- Special appreciation for The climax portion, well structured.
- Vignesh Shivn’s refreshing character sketches and screenplay that has adapted the story for his audience has left no space for comparison
The heroine (Keerthi Suresh) but perhaps the film would have been much racier without yet another distraction from the actual plot.
Thaanaa Serndha Koottam is a great racy fun ride, packaged well & crisply directed. Worth to watch the film with family this festival season.