After much wait, the Vijay film Mersal has finally hits the screens today on this Deeepavali 2017. As expected, the movie is getting a good response from the Overseas audience all over the world. The movie is directed by young director Atlee and produced by Thenandal Studios.
A magician comes to India and finds his long lost brother who is a doctor in USA. He learns about his identity and decides to take revenge for those who killed his parents. The screenplay aims at confusing the audience to make them believe that a magician-doctor is on a killing spree as it wants to set them up for a big surprise revelation.
The surprise is that the protagonist has an identical twin, who reveals his identity in a pre-interval action sequence. It would have been, indeed, a major twist in the narration, only if the filmmakers had taken extra care to prevent spoilers.
- Vijay Steal the show. Vijay asusual rocks in fight, dance & comedy scenes
- All songs are colourful, soulful and well choreographed. Just excellent.
- Compared to other leading ladies Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Kajal Aggarwal, the role played by Nithya Menen is far more powerful.
- Sathyaraj plays, an investigating officer and Vadivelu plays sidekick for both Veri and Maran characters. Atlee has been fair and created enough space for these actors to shine in this film rather than simply be fillers.
- S J Suryah’s performance is in the second part during the flashback scenes are treat to watch.
- There are also many loose ends in the story and unexplained questions. For example, how come a popular hospital in the village was deserted in the night?
- Slow Flashback & Story
- So much so that a bloody violent crime goes unnoticed.
Director Atlee has ensured that there is never a boring moment on the big screen and that aspect of the movie outweighs the logical follies in the narration.We can easily say tha from start to finish, Mersal is all about Vijay, and Ilayathalapathy does not disappoin. Mersal has the makings of being one of the biggest hits of the year.
RATING: Double Deepavali bonanza for Vijay [4/5]