Baahubali 2: The Conclusion which released on April 28, 2017 created a storm at the boxoffice on day one. Day two hasn’t been any less for Baahubali 2 which crossed the Rs 223 crore mark at the box office. The movie which released on over 9,000 screens worldwide collected more than Rs 155 crore for Tamil, Telugu and hindi version, according to early estimates of boxofficeindia.com . For Hindi alone, the movie collected around Rs 80 crore, according to other estimates.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted today on the thumping of reception of ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.
No Republic Day… No Eid… No Independence Day… No Diwali… No Christmas… #Baahubali2 creates MAGIC at the BO on non-holiday…
The figure is much more than the first day collection of Salman Khan-starrer Sultan Rs 36 crore and Aamir Khan’s Dangal (Rs 29.50 crore). Its prequel Baahubali: The Beginning collected Rs 60 crore on its first day. Even Bollywood star-directors like Karan Johar have applauded the film’s massive success.
GRAND INDIA TOTAL OF 121 crores NET!!!!! HINDI IS 41 crores!!! TAMIL + TELUGU + MALAYALAM = 80 crores!!!! HISTORY HAS BEEN CREATED!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/DS9WBBUyup
It is a non-holiday record and SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus is expected to make new records during its first weekend, possibly crossing the Rs 300-crore mark. The movie earned Rs 500 crore before its release. Filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions is presenting the Hindi version of the film.
According to the movie reviews on several media platforms, the film is much more grandeur than its prequel with incredible visual effects, high voltage drama, strong plot and some mind-blowing fighting sequences. It seems that Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is all set to break box-office records set by its own prequel in 2015 where it collected Rs 650 crore. Baahubali 2 can be a game changer for the Indian film industry.
Baahubali 2 not only opened on a record 6500 screens across the nation, it also ensured the enviable houseful boards came up everywhere. As the early estimates of Baahubali 2 box office collection on opening day are coming in, trade is predicting a record-shattering Rs 100 crore business in one day in India in all languages. No Indian film has even come close to this kind of box office numbers. In fact, the highest opening of 2017 has been Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees which earned Rs 20.42 crore on day of its release.
Not just in India, the film was number one Indian film ever in the US, Australia and UAE. Trade analyst Ramesh Bala wrote, “Baahubali2 Day 1 BO Records Expected: 1st ₹ 100 Cr Nett Movie in India. All-time No.1 Opening for ANY movie in India, AP/TG, KA & KE.”
Film’s presenter Karan Johar also tweeted, “UNTHINKABLE and UNIMAGINABLE HIGHEST EVER DAY 1….data being tabulated ..will take a while!!! Watch this space for the number! #Baahubali.”
According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, Baahubali: The Conclusion witnessed an even bigger opening than Salman Khan’s Sultan and Aamir Khan’s Dangal. In Tamil Nadu the film has collected Rs 10.25 crore as told by trade analyst, Sreedhar Pillai.
Baahubali, a follow-up to the blockbuster 2015 films, is doing even stronger business and could earn $7.2 million from only 450 locations, including more than $2 million Thursday night. if it hits $7 million, that would likely be a record for an Indian title, said Hollywood Reporter.
According to trade estimates, this is the collection from pre-sale of rights for Baahubali 2.
Satellite Sales (Hindi): Rs 50 crore Satellite Sales (Tamil +Telugu+ Malayalam): Rs 25-30 crore Music ( all languages): Rs 25-30 crore Theatrical rights (Hindi): Rs 65 crore Theatrical Rights (Telugu): Rs 130 crore Theatrical Rights (Karnataka): Rs 45 crore Theatrical Rights (Kerala): Rs 8 crore
The winners of the 64th National Film Awards were announced on Friday. Though regional films dominated this year’s winners’ list, Hindi film too had reasons to celebrate as Akshay Kumar was named ‘Best Actor’ for ‘Rustom’ and Zaira Wasim was adjudicated ‘Best Supporting Actress for ‘Dangal’.
Here’s the complete list of winners in the Feature Films category:
Special Mention – Hindi film ‘Kadwi Hawa’, Hindi film ‘Mukti Bhavan’, Adil Hussain for ‘Mukti Bhavan’ Assamese film ‘Maj Rati Keteki’ and Sonam Kapoor for ‘Neerja’
Best Moran Film: Haanduk Best Tulu Film: Madipu Best Tamil Film: Joker Best Gujarati Film: Wrong Side Raju Best Telugu Film: Peli Chuplu Best Marathi Film: Dashakriya Best Malayalam Film: Maheshinte Prathikaaram Best Konkani Film: K Sera Sera – Ghodpachen Ghoddtelem Best Kannada Film: Reservation Best Hindi Film: Neerja Best Bengali Film: Bisorjon Best Assamese Film: Maj Rati Keteki
Best Special Effect: Shivaay Best Choreography: Raju Sundaram for ‘Janatha Garrage’ (Telugu)
Special Jury Award: Mohanlal for ‘Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol’, ‘Janatha Garrage’ and ‘Pullimurugan’
Best Music Direction and Background Score: Allama (Kannada) – Bapu Padmanabha Best Makeup Artist: Allama (Kannada) -NK Ramakrishna Best Costume Designer: Cycle (Marathi) – Sachin Lovalekar Best Production Design: 24 (Tamil) Subrata Chakraborthy, Shreyas Khedekar & Amit Ray Best Editing: Ventilator (Marathi) Rameshwar Best Audiography: Sound Designer – Kaadu Pookkunna Neram (Malayalam) – Jayadevan Chakka Dath
Re-recordist of the final mixed track: Ventilator (Marathi)- Alok De
The notice has also been served to singer Chitra...
Legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam, in an emotional message on Facebook, said that he won’t be singing to songs composed by music maestro Ilaiyaraaja. Raising many eyebrows in the industry, singer SP Balasubrahmanyam announced that he won’t be singing to songs composed by Ilaiyaraaja after a legal notice was issued by the latter. SPB, who is currently on a tour across US, took to Facebook and clarified that he had to abstain from singing Ilaiyaraaja’s songs as he received a legal notice claiming that he can’t sing the latter’s composition without his permission. If he does, he would instigate an action as per copyright infringement law.
“My son designed this tour and we kick started this SPB50 concert tour in August in Toronto, then we performed in Russia, Srilanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai and lots of shows in India too. I did not get any feelers from Shri Raja, at that time,” clarified SPB. SP Balasubrahmanyam also claimed that he is ignorant of the law and he’ll obey the notice.
Replying to fans’ query, SPB said that had Ilaiyaraaja spoken to him instead of sending a notice, the situation could have been solved amicably. But now, a legal notice is served. He’s only left with the one option. The notice has also been served to singers Chitra and Charan, who are also part of SPB50. Though SPB has handled the situation calmly, whole of Tamil Nadu is shell shocked, as their chart busting albums can never be replaced.
Filmmaker Aishwaryaa Dhanush has been drawing a lot of flak for her Bharatnatyam dance recital at the UN headquarters on International Women’s Day. It all seemed to have started with versatile dancer Anita Ratnam ridiculing her performance and calling it ‘pathetic.’
“The pathetic state of Bharatanatyam at the UN,” she captioned the snippet video of Aishwaryaa’s dance performance. Soon it went viral and gave way to a lot of internet trolls. She also posted a statement on her Facebook page rubbishing a news story which allegedly claimed that she choreographed Aishwaryaa’s stage show at the UN.
“…the AISHWARYA DHANUSH UN DANCE FIASCO as CHOREOGRAPHED OR ATTRIBUTED TO ME!!!!!!! This news has come from a colleague in the US. I am neither a friend or an acquaintance of the person and have NOTHING TO DO WITH HER APPEARANCE AT THE UN on WOMEN’S DAY on March 8th (sic),” she wrote on her Facebook page.
Anita also thanked others for their support and views. She said, “We have to find solutions and ways to combat such pathetic representations of India’s culture overseas..”
#aishwaryadhanush whats that thing she did on stage, still trying to figure out, need to call UN scientist to explain
The South film industry is currently experiencing some turbulence after Tamil singer and radio personality Suchitra Karthik’s Twitter handle posted explicit photos of several movie stars, among them actor Dhanush. The pictures were later deleted and RJ Suchitra, as she is known, claimed her account had been hacked. Hours later, another set of pictures appeared.
Confusing details have emerged from the controversy, including a video from Suchitra’s husband in which he blamed the tweets on his wife’s “emotional condition.” He later deleted the video. Suchitra Karthik’s tweets have been criticized by her colleagues, some of whom believe she has a grudge against Dhanush. An investigation is being conducted into the matter.
Here are 10 facts you need to know about the controversy:
1. At the end of February, Suchitra’s Twitter account posted a picture of a bruise on her arm and accused Dhanush’s security of having manhandled her. Her tweet read, “This is Suchi, I’m back. I’m safe and I’m ready to tell everyone what a lousy game Dhanush has played.” Then, last week, several private photos of actors were posted with the hashtag #Suchileaks. Those pictured included Dhanush, Trisha Krishnan, RJ Chinmayi and Hansika Motwani. Several of these photos appeared to have been taken at a party.
2. The photos were deleted and Suchitra, speaking to a TV channel, said, “My Twitter account has been hacked and I didn’t know that several private photos of celebrities had been posted on my page until Aditi Ravindranath, a friend of Dhanush, called me on Friday morning. I’ve hired a private investigator to find out who’s behind all this.” Later, more photos appeared.
3. Some tweets appeared to accuse Suchitra’s colleagues of the ‘casting couch’ – asking for sexual favours in exchange for professional advancement.
4. Suchitra’s husband Karthik, a stand-up comic and actor, released a video on his Facebook in which he claimed that the account had not been hacked at all. “It is indicative of a certain emotional state and a condition that she’s in and all of us in the family are trying our best to help her and address this situation,” he said, asking that the media treat Suchitra as they would “a family member.” The video was later removed.
5. In place of Karthik’s video, this Facebook post appeared that retracted what he said earlier: “The last few days have been very disturbing for us as a family as Suchi’s twitter account was hacked. Today we have retrieved her account. All the tweets published last few days were not by Suchi and is completely false. I personally apologise to all the people concerned as I understand the stress it would have caused them. I request the media to show sensitivity and not sensationalise this. Thank you all for the support.”
6. Speaking to a Tamil channel, Suchitra claimed she and Karthik were divorcing and that she had been taken to hospital without her consent. “Karthik is a wonderful person. He has virtues of Lord Rama. I know we are going through a divorce. It’s very painful for all of us concerned but it is due to some unsolvable problems. I was hospitalised. I was forcibly taken to the hospital but it was connected to my divorce,” she said.
7. Dhanush, who is married to superstar Rajinikanth’s daughter Aishwaryaa, has not commented on Suchitra’s tweets. His sister Vimala Geetha addressed the controversy in a Facebook post, writing, “Twitter has become a media where anyone can talk anything or post anything and it’s disheartening to see cheap, fake porn videos on a platform where even a 12-year-old has accounts. And the worst thing is the number of people who ask for such perverted videos.” She has now deactivated her social media accounts.
8. Singer Chinmayi Sripaada, who was pictured in the private photos tweeted as part as #Suchileaks, has posted a series of tweets in which she said that she was told by Karthik that Suchitra was “unwell” and having “an emotional meltdown.” She also said that “whatever is going on in her account right now is wrong,” adding that Suchitra had blocked her and that her “conscience is clear.”
9. Others have not been as forgiving. Actor-director P Samuthirakani tweeted: “Someone needs mental rehabilitation and treatment, unnecessary move to destroy actor and actress’ name and pride. Use social media properly.”
10. Actor Vishal who heads the South Indian Artistes’ Association said “The videos and photographs are fake. We are cracking down on who’s uploading these. Suchitra is on rehabilitation.”
As we all know that Singer Suchitra has been in the news for her recent tweets, mostly targeting Dhanush, Radio Jockey-turned-comedian RJ Balaji, singer Chinmayi and Vijay TV’s star host Dhivyadharshini. After receiving brickbats, Suchitra had tweeted that her account was hacked, and that she doesn’t have any ego clash with her peers in the industry.
However, Suchitra has shocked Kollywood again on Friday by revealing private pictures of Dhanush, Hansika Motwani, Anirudh Ravichander, Andrea Jeremiah and Dhivyadharshini. For unknown reasons, Suchitra immediately deleted all those pictures and she has now made her account private, allowing only people with necessary permission can follow her on Twitter.
The hugely popular actress on Friday night after a shoot was on way from Thrissur to Kochi to take part in the dubbing of her new film directed by director-cum-actor Lal.
The actress for a while was not having the best of relations with a group in the Malayalam film industry, and the group had scuttled a few good roles that she was offered, according to reports.
• While on way, a car hit her vehicle from behind, following which an argument erupted over the accident. The passengers of the other car forcefully entered her car and drove off with the actress.
• The gang behind the incident is from the film industry and involved in doing various production jobs, police said. Bhavana was held hostage for two hours.
• According to reports, the gang took pictures of the actress that they planned to use to blackmail her for money.
• The police, after tracing the call list, zeroed down on the actress’ former driver who was thrown out after she came to know of his criminal background. He is believed to be the main culprit.
• After being held hostage by the criminal gang, the actress managed to reach the home Lal, who informed the police.
Speaking to reporters, Lal said he has been advised by the police probe team not to speak about the incident as it would hamper the investigation.
• The police are looking into all aspects of the incident and will probe if this was a planned move against the actress.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who is currently in Delhi, told reporters there that the police is doing its job and will certainly arrest those responsible. He said police chief Behra had assured him that all behind the incident would be arrested.
Tamil Rockers is a website synonymous to Tamil cinema in the online world. They release new movies in hours, online. Making the producers who invest in cinema, worry. Their, earnings are basically from the ad revenue, just like all the websites in the world which make a living through it. Since there is no subscriptions, that mode of revenue is nil.
The site requires users to register before they can download any content and registration is available only through an invite at the moment. Copies of pirated movies are shared via torrents or other cloud-based file sharing sites.
The website is hosted by US-based Sucuri and the servers located in Menifee, California. The website’s domain name, on the other hand, seems to be from the Czech Republic.
This a common tactic used by piracy sites that maintain mirror domains, or replica links, to their website in different countries. It helps them to get back running if law enforcement agencies try to block them.
The website had previously gained notoriety when it uploaded a screener copy of Premam, a Malayalam film, that was meant for the censor board.
Investigators were unable to identify the owners of the website but The Hindu reported that an administrator of the website routinely uses a Sri Lankan IP address.