The notice has also been served to singer Chitra...
Legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam, in an emotional message on Facebook, said that he won’t be singing to songs composed by music maestro Ilaiyaraaja. Raising many eyebrows in the industry, singer SP Balasubrahmanyam announced that he won’t be singing to songs composed by Ilaiyaraaja after a legal notice was issued by the latter. SPB, who is currently on a tour across US, took to Facebook and clarified that he had to abstain from singing Ilaiyaraaja’s songs as he received a legal notice claiming that he can’t sing the latter’s composition without his permission. If he does, he would instigate an action as per copyright infringement law.
“My son designed this tour and we kick started this SPB50 concert tour in August in Toronto, then we performed in Russia, Srilanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai and lots of shows in India too. I did not get any feelers from Shri Raja, at that time,” clarified SPB. SP Balasubrahmanyam also claimed that he is ignorant of the law and he’ll obey the notice.
Replying to fans’ query, SPB said that had Ilaiyaraaja spoken to him instead of sending a notice, the situation could have been solved amicably. But now, a legal notice is served. He’s only left with the one option. The notice has also been served to singers Chitra and Charan, who are also part of SPB50. Though SPB has handled the situation calmly, whole of Tamil Nadu is shell shocked, as their chart busting albums can never be replaced.
Filmmaker Aishwaryaa Dhanush has been drawing a lot of flak for her Bharatnatyam dance recital at the UN headquarters on International Women’s Day. It all seemed to have started with versatile dancer Anita Ratnam ridiculing her performance and calling it ‘pathetic.’
“The pathetic state of Bharatanatyam at the UN,” she captioned the snippet video of Aishwaryaa’s dance performance. Soon it went viral and gave way to a lot of internet trolls. She also posted a statement on her Facebook page rubbishing a news story which allegedly claimed that she choreographed Aishwaryaa’s stage show at the UN.
“…the AISHWARYA DHANUSH UN DANCE FIASCO as CHOREOGRAPHED OR ATTRIBUTED TO ME!!!!!!! This news has come from a colleague in the US. I am neither a friend or an acquaintance of the person and have NOTHING TO DO WITH HER APPEARANCE AT THE UN on WOMEN’S DAY on March 8th (sic),” she wrote on her Facebook page.
Anita also thanked others for their support and views. She said, “We have to find solutions and ways to combat such pathetic representations of India’s culture overseas..”
#aishwaryadhanush whats that thing she did on stage, still trying to figure out, need to call UN scientist to explain
The South film industry is currently experiencing some turbulence after Tamil singer and radio personality Suchitra Karthik’s Twitter handle posted explicit photos of several movie stars, among them actor Dhanush. The pictures were later deleted and RJ Suchitra, as she is known, claimed her account had been hacked. Hours later, another set of pictures appeared.
Confusing details have emerged from the controversy, including a video from Suchitra’s husband in which he blamed the tweets on his wife’s “emotional condition.” He later deleted the video. Suchitra Karthik’s tweets have been criticized by her colleagues, some of whom believe she has a grudge against Dhanush. An investigation is being conducted into the matter.
Here are 10 facts you need to know about the controversy:
1. At the end of February, Suchitra’s Twitter account posted a picture of a bruise on her arm and accused Dhanush’s security of having manhandled her. Her tweet read, “This is Suchi, I’m back. I’m safe and I’m ready to tell everyone what a lousy game Dhanush has played.” Then, last week, several private photos of actors were posted with the hashtag #Suchileaks. Those pictured included Dhanush, Trisha Krishnan, RJ Chinmayi and Hansika Motwani. Several of these photos appeared to have been taken at a party.
2. The photos were deleted and Suchitra, speaking to a TV channel, said, “My Twitter account has been hacked and I didn’t know that several private photos of celebrities had been posted on my page until Aditi Ravindranath, a friend of Dhanush, called me on Friday morning. I’ve hired a private investigator to find out who’s behind all this.” Later, more photos appeared.
3. Some tweets appeared to accuse Suchitra’s colleagues of the ‘casting couch’ – asking for sexual favours in exchange for professional advancement.
4. Suchitra’s husband Karthik, a stand-up comic and actor, released a video on his Facebook in which he claimed that the account had not been hacked at all. “It is indicative of a certain emotional state and a condition that she’s in and all of us in the family are trying our best to help her and address this situation,” he said, asking that the media treat Suchitra as they would “a family member.” The video was later removed.
5. In place of Karthik’s video, this Facebook post appeared that retracted what he said earlier: “The last few days have been very disturbing for us as a family as Suchi’s twitter account was hacked. Today we have retrieved her account. All the tweets published last few days were not by Suchi and is completely false. I personally apologise to all the people concerned as I understand the stress it would have caused them. I request the media to show sensitivity and not sensationalise this. Thank you all for the support.”
6. Speaking to a Tamil channel, Suchitra claimed she and Karthik were divorcing and that she had been taken to hospital without her consent. “Karthik is a wonderful person. He has virtues of Lord Rama. I know we are going through a divorce. It’s very painful for all of us concerned but it is due to some unsolvable problems. I was hospitalised. I was forcibly taken to the hospital but it was connected to my divorce,” she said.
7. Dhanush, who is married to superstar Rajinikanth’s daughter Aishwaryaa, has not commented on Suchitra’s tweets. His sister Vimala Geetha addressed the controversy in a Facebook post, writing, “Twitter has become a media where anyone can talk anything or post anything and it’s disheartening to see cheap, fake porn videos on a platform where even a 12-year-old has accounts. And the worst thing is the number of people who ask for such perverted videos.” She has now deactivated her social media accounts.
8. Singer Chinmayi Sripaada, who was pictured in the private photos tweeted as part as #Suchileaks, has posted a series of tweets in which she said that she was told by Karthik that Suchitra was “unwell” and having “an emotional meltdown.” She also said that “whatever is going on in her account right now is wrong,” adding that Suchitra had blocked her and that her “conscience is clear.”
9. Others have not been as forgiving. Actor-director P Samuthirakani tweeted: “Someone needs mental rehabilitation and treatment, unnecessary move to destroy actor and actress’ name and pride. Use social media properly.”
10. Actor Vishal who heads the South Indian Artistes’ Association said “The videos and photographs are fake. We are cracking down on who’s uploading these. Suchitra is on rehabilitation.”
As we all know that Singer Suchitra has been in the news for her recent tweets, mostly targeting Dhanush, Radio Jockey-turned-comedian RJ Balaji, singer Chinmayi and Vijay TV’s star host Dhivyadharshini. After receiving brickbats, Suchitra had tweeted that her account was hacked, and that she doesn’t have any ego clash with her peers in the industry.
However, Suchitra has shocked Kollywood again on Friday by revealing private pictures of Dhanush, Hansika Motwani, Anirudh Ravichander, Andrea Jeremiah and Dhivyadharshini. For unknown reasons, Suchitra immediately deleted all those pictures and she has now made her account private, allowing only people with necessary permission can follow her on Twitter.
The hugely popular actress on Friday night after a shoot was on way from Thrissur to Kochi to take part in the dubbing of her new film directed by director-cum-actor Lal.
The actress for a while was not having the best of relations with a group in the Malayalam film industry, and the group had scuttled a few good roles that she was offered, according to reports.
• While on way, a car hit her vehicle from behind, following which an argument erupted over the accident. The passengers of the other car forcefully entered her car and drove off with the actress.
• The gang behind the incident is from the film industry and involved in doing various production jobs, police said. Bhavana was held hostage for two hours.
• According to reports, the gang took pictures of the actress that they planned to use to blackmail her for money.
• The police, after tracing the call list, zeroed down on the actress’ former driver who was thrown out after she came to know of his criminal background. He is believed to be the main culprit.
• After being held hostage by the criminal gang, the actress managed to reach the home Lal, who informed the police.
Speaking to reporters, Lal said he has been advised by the police probe team not to speak about the incident as it would hamper the investigation.
• The police are looking into all aspects of the incident and will probe if this was a planned move against the actress.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who is currently in Delhi, told reporters there that the police is doing its job and will certainly arrest those responsible. He said police chief Behra had assured him that all behind the incident would be arrested.
Tamil Rockers is a website synonymous to Tamil cinema in the online world. They release new movies in hours, online. Making the producers who invest in cinema, worry. Their, earnings are basically from the ad revenue, just like all the websites in the world which make a living through it. Since there is no subscriptions, that mode of revenue is nil.
The site requires users to register before they can download any content and registration is available only through an invite at the moment. Copies of pirated movies are shared via torrents or other cloud-based file sharing sites.
The website is hosted by US-based Sucuri and the servers located in Menifee, California. The website’s domain name, on the other hand, seems to be from the Czech Republic.
This a common tactic used by piracy sites that maintain mirror domains, or replica links, to their website in different countries. It helps them to get back running if law enforcement agencies try to block them.
The website had previously gained notoriety when it uploaded a screener copy of Premam, a Malayalam film, that was meant for the censor board.
Investigators were unable to identify the owners of the website but The Hindu reported that an administrator of the website routinely uses a Sri Lankan IP address.
Finally, the wait is over. Suriya’s Singam 3 has been released worldwide on Thursday after being delayed multiple times due to various reasons. And the movie is getting good reviews from those, who have already watched.
Suriya’s last year release 24, which was produced on a massive budget, was critically acclaimed and even managed to generate Rs 100 crore revenue for the makers from the worldwide ticket sales. It wasn’t enough as it was expected to do better than that, given it was released on over 2000 screens worldwide, which was the biggest release for Suirya at the time. Singam 3, meanwhile, has already earned Rs 100 crore even before its release, according to its producers.
So here are the five reasons why Singam will be the biggest blockbuster in Suriya’s career.
Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s latest sensational Bairavaa movie trailer has been creating new record on youtube. The 1.48 minutes video which released last night has taken no time to trend national wide. As expected earlier the trailer of Bairavaa has garnered huge response among kollywood fans. Here are some of the records which Bairavaa trailer created with 24 hours on video streaming site youtube.
Vijay starrer has doing viral among social media platforms facebook and twitter. The much awaited movie of the year Theri teaser which released 27th October last year created huge expectation and now the trailer risen up it to next level. The teaser of Bairavaa which counts 13.3 Million views till date. Now Bairavaa trailer already trending on youtube India list and achieved new records.
5 New Records Theri Trailer Crossed in 24 Hours
1. Fastest Tamil Movie Trailer to Hit 1 Million Views, reached in 1 hour and 30 mins.
2. The Most Viewed South Indian Movie trailer in 24 hours, counts more than 3.5 Million Views.
3. Most Liked Indian Movie Trailer in 24 Hours, 181k Likes and still counting.
At this fast, Bairavaa all set to break his own previous Theri trailer record which is the most viewed Tamil trailer ever with (10.6M). So can Bairavaa trailer beat Theri?